Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Super Awesome Journal -- Part 2

Oops, I forgot to come back and write a part 2 for my Super Awesome Journal.  Well, this is Timmy again (Gabriele's son), and for those still interested, it's still super-awesome.  But it's a lot super-er and awesom-er now that it's finished. :)


This was a fun project that I think I'd like to do again when this journal is through.  I don't think I'm going to be buying them anymore.  The next one I'd like to make will be out of an old pair of denim jeans, just to change things up.  I also had this idea for next time too: rather than use a buckle to close it, I'm going to make it zip shut with a zipper.  I think that will look pretty cool.  Here's a sketch of my design:



Anyway, back to the journal I just finished, to update anyone who didn't know about part 1 and doesn't want to go back through posts to find it, here are a few pictures of the design process:






And here is my mom sewing everything together.  ...I really need to learn how to sew...

I'm very happy with the finished product.  And I learned a few not-to-do's along the way that I think will help me with the next one.

Until next time, keep reading my mom's stuff. ...especially the posts about food (take it from a guy who get's to eat those creations, it's worth learning)

--Timmy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...