Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Homemade Waffles from scratch

 So this morning I made waffles for my family and everybody still in there beds knew it, because the wonderful smell permeated throughout the house--talk about getting your whole family up in no time without complaining :)


Waffles were never my favorite meal to make because they used to stick to the waffle maker, and it would be a disappointing mess. So I developed this bulletproof recipe and it is always a success. I'm happy to share it with you.

With a family of seven living in one household, there are some of us who like there waffles thick and some who like them thin (especially my husband ).  I was fortunate to find a thin/thick Belgian waffle maker in a thrift store like new.



WAFFLES FROM SCRATCH
1 1/2 cups flour (whole wheat or spelt flour if you are allergic to wheat)
1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon sea salt

 2 eggs, separated

 1 cup almond or rice milk

 1/4 cup olive or coconut oil

 Mix and sift the dry ingredients together in a bowl.  In another bowl,  mix together the egg yoke, milk, and oil. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until moistened.  Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form, and gently fold into waffle batter (this will make the batter light and fluffy so that the waffles do not come out so heavy and condensed).  Bake in preheated waffle iron

1 comment:

  1. I'm making these waffles right now and they're turning out great!!! I didn't separate the eggs because we like our waffles a bit more dense. This recipe is delicious and so much healthier than anything else I can find! Thanks Gabriele!

    - Bethany

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...