Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Honey Almond Butter

This is a wonderful gift for your neighbors or friends for any occasion. I sometimes bring a loaf of my homemade bread and this delicious almond butter to potlucks or my neighbors. It is always a hit,  and followed by a requests for the recipe.

 This is what the consistency of the almond butter looks like, when it is combined.


 1 cup butter, softened ( I use fresh homemade butter)
3/4 cup honey
3/4 cup confectioner sugar ( I use organic powder sugar it is made from cane sugar and not so sweet, you can get it at publix )
3/4 cup finely ground almonds
1/2 teaspoon almond extract

Grind the almonds in a food processor (so that you have 3/4 of a cup of ground almonds ). In a bowl combine all ingredients and mix well. Keep refrigerated. 

                   It really makes a lovely Gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...