Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lemon " Ruehr Kuchen"

 This " Kuchen" was baked almost every day in my house as I was growing up. It is delicious and easy to make. My friend Toni gave me some very large lemons from her lemon tree and I decided to make this cake.
My dear German friend Helga just the other day gave me this beautiful clay and glazed cake mold. She told me she had it for over 40 years and it was hanging on her kitchen wall as decor and never used. What a precious gift! Thank you Helga.




 It is so beautiful and everything you bake in it comes out perfect.

 2 cups wheat flour ( or any flour )
 2 teaspoon baking powder
 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
 1 pkg. 8oz cream cheese or sour cream or joghurt
1 cup butter or coconut oil or olive oil
1 1/2 cups cane sugar
4 eggs
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind
1 teaspoon vanilla extract




Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
 Mix cream cheese with butter until blended. Beat in sugar until smooth.
Add eggs. Beat until light and fluffy. Add lemon juice, lemon rind and vanilla.
Slowly stir in flour mixture. Mix well, the batter will be heavy.
Grease a 8 to 10 cups capacity tube-type pan.
Bake at 325 for 1 hour.
Place on rack to cool thoroughly. Dust with powder sugar if you like.
I hope you will enjoy making this yummy cake. Everyone in my family likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...